Rachel Mendham, Head of Training, was delighted with the result of our Ofsted inspection in January and has paid tribute to the hard work of her staff. “My team do an excellent job and it’s great to see them being commended for all their dedication and the support they give to our learners. It’s also nice to hear our relationships with local employers has been recognised and our recent investment in the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning provision has paid off”.
The Ofsted report says:
- A high proportion of apprentices and learners make good progress and achieve well, leading to sustained employment and positions of responsibility in their workplaces.
- Apprentices and learners gain good vocational, personal and social skills; they value the importance of these for their future working life and progression opportunities.
- The quality of teaching, learning and assessment is good.
- Staff provide good information, advice and guidance, and support apprentices and learners particularly well; as a result, they are employed in good workplaces which meet their aspirations and a good proportion progress to further or higher-level training when they complete their course.
- Leaders and managers work closely with, and respond well to the priorities of local partners including the Local Enterprise Partnership, local councils and employers to establish a curriculum that meets the existing and emerging skills development needs for the Humber area well.
Chamber Chief Executive Dr Ian Kelly welcomed the report, saying: “Rachel and her team work very hard and are doing a great job for the Chamber and the local area. This excellent report from Ofsted is testament to their dedication and the results really do speak for themselves”.