News

SCHOOL LEAVERS – WE ARE INTERVIEWING NOW FOR SUMMER STARTS #APPRENTICESHIPS

Posted on

Our interviewing sessions have already begun for students who are looking for an apprenticeship upon leaving school this year. We will aim to source you full-time employment with a local company which guarantees you a wage whilst you work towards the full achievement of your apprenticeship.

  • YOU will attend an informal interview session with us
  • WE will provide you with employment opportunities
  • WE will send your CV to employers
  • WE will arrange the interviews for you
  • ONCE you become employed you will earn at least the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices (from 1st April 2018 will be £3.70 per hour) increasing to full National Minimum Wage or a higher salary upon completion of your apprenticeship.

We have Apprenticeships Available in:-

What are you waiting for?

Call us today on 01482 611896 or email c.gill@chambertraining.com and we will send you an immediate interview date.

NEW YEAR .. NEW SKILLS .. Are You Looking to Up-Skill Your Workforce? We Have Various Funding Streams Available ..

Posted on

We can provide a wide range of training to your staff from Level 2 through to Level 5; fully funded, co-funded or on a commercial basis. We can offer affordable monthly payment plans on co-funded apprenticeships for non-levy payers; learner loans are also available for Level 3 & 4 stand alone qualifications.

Additional to our full awards we can also offer single units or non-mandatory training. We have funding available through the Skills Support for the Workforce to fully fund and tailor to your individual training needs (subject to eligibility).

If you are looking to increase your workforce we can also support you in recruiting apprentices and advertise the vacancy free of charge on the ‘Recruit an Apprentice’ website to attract suitable candidates. Through our stringent interview and assessment process we will ensure that we supply high calibre candidates ready for your selection.

We would welcome the opportunity to visit you to discuss any outstanding training needs within your workforce. If you would like to arrange an appointment or discuss any of our programmes in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact Carol Gill on 01482 611896 or email c.gill@chambertraining.com

We Have Some Extremely Talented Apprentices – Including Award Winners

Posted on

See more here: http://www.chambertraining.com/success-stories

June 2017 saw the regional finalist been announced, with 10 people from the Yorkshire and Humber region invited to the Royal York Hotel on 10th October. I was the only apprentice from Hull invited to the next stage as all my competitors were from various parts of Yorkshire. With over 700 applications I did not believe I could win this award

I applied for an apprenticeship vacancy advertised by Chamber Training through the online National Apprenticeship government website and was invited in for assessment. My details were passed on to GEV Wind Power Limited and was immediately invited in for interview. My interview was a success and I was offered the position to start as a business administration apprentice.

I started my new role as a receptionist at GEV doing basic administration for the HR department. I was dealing face to face with employees and technicians. Over the year my role heavily expanded and developed to that of logistics coordinator. This meant that I would be doing researching, costing and booking travel and accommodation for the entire group. GEV have over 40 FTE’s and 110 deployed contractors.

By taking this apprenticeship with GEV Wind Power Limited, it has helped me to build confidence in a business setting and understand my own ability and limitations. It also helped me to deal with situations independently and not have to go to my line manager each time a different situation arose. I worked directly with and alongside technicians and suppliers from both the UK and overseas in order to deliver savings and logistics correctly. I was able to put procedures in place to ensure that projects were completed within set timescales and budget.

The progress I was making throughout the company did not go unrecognised and they asked me to apply for the ‘Apprentice of the Year Awards 2017’. The management team at GEV were helpful throughout the whole application process. I was told that the Apprentice of the Year Awards are split into two sections these are Regional and National. June 2017 saw the regional finalists been announced, with 10 Apprentices from the Yorkshire and Humber region been invited down to the Royal York Hotel on the 10th October 2017.  I was the only apprentice from Hull invited to the next stage as my other competitors where from various parts of Yorkshire including Leeds and York.

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend this ceremony as my holiday was already booked so I spoke to the National Apprenticeship Service who strongly advised that someone should attend the ceremony to represent me on the day. I spoke to Karen my tutor and she said that she would be happy to go and represent me. With over 700 applications I did not believe that I could win this award, however Karen Face Timed me at 2:00pm on the day of the ceremony and I saw everyone clapping and cheering and then I saw my name on the board as the winner.

I am looking forward to competing for a place at the national stages on the 18th January 2018.

Emily Faulkner (Business and Administration Apprentice)

LEVY PAYER – ARE YOU UTILISING YOUR FUNDS?

Posted on

Are you a levy payer?
If your organisation has a paybill of £3 million or more you will be a levy payer. 0.5% of your pay bill will, via HMRC, be paid into a levy pot which you can then spend on apprenticeship training in your organisation. Please note: There is a £15,000 allowance before the levy is applied.
Via the Digital Apprenticeship Service you will be able to view your levy funds and search for and select your preferred supplier.

Non-levy payers
If your salary bill is less than £3 million, you will be a non-levy paying employer.
You will be expected to contribute 10% of the maximum funding band for your chosen qualification in cash terms. Please note this is mandatory except for the exemption categories as detailed below. The remaining 90% will be contributed by Education and Skills Funding Agency and will be paid directly to your chosen provider pending an agreement being agreed by both parties (employer and provider).
*Please note – the 10% payment has to be made to your provider before the remaining 90% funding is released by the Education and Skills Funding Agency. (Financial transactions are mandatory and have to be evidenced as required by the ESFA and can be discussed and arranged individually with your provider.)
Like levy paying companies, non- levy payers will also be able to use the Digital Apprenticeship Service to search for approved providers in your area, select your provider of choice and agree both financial and delivery terms.

Exemptions
There is no cash contribution required for learners 16-18yrs for employers with less than 50 employees. This age group will continue to be fully funded by Education and Skills Funding Agency and an incentive payment of £1000 is payable to both the provider and the employer (£1000 payment each).
The SFA will also contribute 100% funding for 19-24yr old care leavers or 19-24yr olds with an education or health care plan.

All changes relate to both new starts and existing staff

Further information for both levy and non-levy paying employers can be found using the following links:

https://www.gov.uk/take-on-an-apprentice

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pay-apprenticeship-levy

Should you have any queries relating to the above or would like to discuss recruiting an apprentice please do not hesitate to contact us on: – 01482 611896.

The Latest from our Matrix Accreditation

Posted on

We are pleased to announce that we have recently retained our Matrix accreditation and would like to share some of the quotes from the report received from learners, employers and working partners with you.

IAG delivery is a key role for all staff including senior management, and all staff members’ support was frequently praised by clients: “My tutor is absolutely fabulous! The support I get is amazing”; “They’ve guided me through everything. I feel really supported”; “I started learning with them years ago. Now I send my own staff and wouldn’t use anyone else”.

The organisation embraces IAG as a service to ensure that targets in the form of retention and achievement are realised, putting into practice the Chamber Training mission “…to encourage, support and empower people to be the best they can be and accept nothing less”. IAG also enables the achievement of some of the overarching aims covered in the Business Plan such as providing high quality learning, adding value to the learner journey and enabling business growth.

IAG delivery approaches are effective, with design and development firmly focused upon realising the achievement indicators for each programme. Recruitment is centred upon quality IAG practices and is sector-specific.

Objective IAG is delivered with a clear focus upon ensuring the potential learner understands what is expected within the apprenticeship framework or qualification, with care taken to identify additional support needs, and match the programme to the individual’s learning style. All staff were able to provide a clear description of the IAG service entitlement and how they bring it to life.

School and sixth-form college partners confirmed that Chamber Training has done some excellent work in promoting apprenticeships to school leavers. It presents apprenticeships as being an alternative pathway to A levels and/or university through its work in schools and colleges, including attendance at careers fairs as part of a Careers and Enterprise Company programme. Schools and colleges confirmed that they invite Chamber Training to events, so that young people and their parents can make informed decisions based on facts, with apprenticeship myths busted. Apprenticeships are promoted impartially, with much of its promotion work revolving around apprenticeships as a whole rather than Chamber Training specifically.

LAST CALL FOR FULLY FUNDED TRAINING … If you are looking to upskill your workforce or recruit an apprentice YOU NEED TO DO IT NOW … The clock is ticking!

Posted on

Following a government consultation the Apprenticeship Levy will come into force on 6th April 2017. The information below should help you prepare for how this will affect your organisation.

Are you a levy payer?
If your organisation has a paybill of £3 million or more you will be a levy payer from 1st May 2017. 0.5% of your pay bill will, via HMRC, be paid into a levy pot which you can then spend on apprenticeship training in your organisation. Please note: There is a £15,000 allowance before the levy is applied.
Via the Digital Apprenticeship Service you will be able to view your levy funds and search for and select your preferred supplier.

Non-levy payers
If your salary bill is less than £3 million, you will be a non-levy paying employer.
From 1st May 2017 you will be expected to contribute 10% of the maximum funding band for your chosen qualification in cash terms. Please note this is mandatory except for the exemption categories as detailed below. The remaining 90% will be contributed by Skills Funding Agency and will be paid directly to your chosen provider pending an agreement being agreed by both parties (employer and provider).
Please note – the 10% payment has to be made up front before the remaining 90% funding is released to your provider and this has to be evidenced to Skills Funding Agency.
Like levy paying companies, non- levy payers will also be able to use the Digital Apprenticeship Service to search for approved providers in your area, select your provider of choice and agree both financial and delivery terms.

Exemptions
There is no cash contribution required for learners 16-18yrs. This age group will continue to be fully funded by Skills Funding Agency and an incentive payment of £1000 is payable to both the provider and the employer (£1000 payment each).
The SFA will also contribute 100% funding for 19-24yr old care leavers or 19-24yr olds with an education or health care plan.

All changes relate to both new starts and existing staff

Further information for both levy and non- levy paying employers can be found using the following link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apprenticeship-levy-how-it-will-work/apprenticeship-levy-how-it-will-work

Chamber Training will be holding a series of free information events in the new year to answer all your questions and help you better understand how the changes will affect your business. Dates will be announced shortly so please look out for them in the near future………

Until 1st May 2017 all current funding systems remain the same so we would advise you to consider your recruitment needs now and avoid the forthcoming changes. Chamber Training will be providing additional support to employers between now and 1st May to ensure you make the right choices before the levy is active. A member of staff would be happy to discuss your options in more detail, or if you would like further information please do not hesitate to contact us on: – 01482 611896.

 

LEAVING SCHOOL THIS YEAR LOOKING AT CAREER OPTIONS? .. START YOUR JOURNEY HERE WITH APPRENTICESHIPS .. Admin, Care, Warehousing, Hairdressing ..

Posted on

If you are 16-18yrs old, Chamber Training (Humber) Ltd will aim to source you full-time employment with a local company which guarantees you a wage whilst you work towards the full achievement of your apprenticeship framework.

  • WE will provide you with employment opportunities
  • WE will send your CV to employers
  • WE will arrange the interviews for you

ONCE you become employed you will earn at least the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices at the current rate of £3.30 per hour increasing to full National Minimum Wage or a higher salary upon completion of your apprenticeship.

There are many career routes available through Apprenticeships in the following vocational areas ..

  • Business and Administration
  • IT User
  • Customer Service
  • Warehousing & Distribution
  • Health & Social Care
  • Refrigeration/Air-Conditioning
  • Hairdressing

To apply, call us today to arrange an appointment on 01482 611896