The Team Leader/Supervisor Advanced Apprenticeship Standard is for learners working in first line management roles, such as a supervisor, team leader, project officer, shift supervisor, foreperson or shift manager. Their key responsibilities are likely to include: supporting, managing and developing team members, managing projects, planning and monitoring workloads and resources, delivering operational plans, resolving problems, and building relationships internally and externally.
The qualification gives learners the opportunity to:
- gain competency in first line management roles
- develop the technical and theoretical knowledge, and understanding that underpins competence in a first line management job role
- develop and demonstrate a range of transferable skills and professional behaviours and attributes in the work environment
- develop and demonstrate a range of technical management skills to carry out their job role successfully in the work environment
With further training and development, learners can progress to more senior management roles, such as operational or departmental manager.
The apprenticeship standard will include:
BTEC Level 3 Diploma for Managers
- English Level 2 – Speaking & Listening
- English Level 2- Reading
- English Level 2 – Writing
- Mathematics Level 2
Unless apprentices have achieved their Level 2 English and maths, they will be required to take Level 2 English and/or maths and must study and take the test before the end-point assessment.
20% Additional off the job training
Must be at least 20% of the time; is paid and outside the normal day-to-day working duties. It can include: * Theory teaching * Practical training (e.g. shadowing, mentoring, industry visits, attendance at competitions) * Learning support * Writing assignments/assessments * Research
End Point Assessment (Requirement to achieve the Apprenticeship Standard)
Length of programme a minimum of 18 months
How to apply – Contact us for an application form on 01482 611896 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org